My yummy chocolate cupcake recipe..
For 12 normal size cupcakes.
- 4 st eggs
- 2 dl sugar
- 1 dl flour (hveiti)
- 1 dl potato flour (kartoffelmel)
- 1 tsk baking powder (matarsódi)
- 2 msk cacao powder (kakóduft)
- Turn on oven to 175c upper/lower or fan. Then prepare the cupcake paper molds, make sure to the paper molds is in a cupcake baking mold holder (this was hard to explain) otherwise they will not have a nice shape and most likely leak out all over your oven. The paper molds I use in the pictures is from Lagerhaus.se
- Sift flour, potato flour, cacao powder and baking powder in a bowl. Preheat the eggs and sugar in a pot, just so they get finger warm and the sugar is melted, pour into a bowl and whisk white and fluffy with an electric mixer.
- Sift in little by little of the flour mixture into the whipped egg mixture and stir gently with a spoon until smooth. You want to have it super fluffy still but well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the cupcake molds (fill a little less than half of each mold) and bake in the middle of oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Take out and Let them cool down completely.
- 300g butter (smör)
- 5 msk cacao powder (kakóduft)
- 5 dl icing sugar (flórsykur)
- 2 tsk vanilla sugar (vanillusykur)
- 4 msk syrup (síróp)
- Whisk the butter fluffy with an electric mixer (about 5min). Then add the rest of the ingredients exp the syrup. Use a spoon at first to blend it all together and then whisk again with the electric mixer and add the syrup.
Make sure the cupcakes (cake bottoms) are not warm at all. Then I make/dig a hole in the middle of all of the cake bottoms with a small teaspoon or knife, make sure to not go too deep, the hole is to put in some delicious cream in.
Then place 1/3 of the chocolate cream in a spritzer cone with a spoon and cut a whole at the end of the cone, fill up your cake bottoms (in the wholes we made) with the chocolate cream.
and here comes the fun part, take a new spritzer cone and select what type of shape you want your cupcakes to have, I did the classic cupcake look with a star shaped spritzer.
Then you can store your cupcakes in the cooler for 2-3 days.
Let me know if you try my recipe and how you liked it :)
Follow me – Intagram @Lahle