When Þóra Lóa was newborn we had a old Moses basket for her that she slept in the first months. I really loved it and it was so practical to move around our apartment, now we have a new one for the boys that is much stronger and with a rocking stand. I recommend the Moses basket 100% instead of the classic bassinet because the basket can be taken out and put on the couch or table if needed.
You can read more about the Moses Basket and stand Here.
The pregnancy and weather really got to me this last week and I needed 5min of retail therapy to get my shine on again. Dropped by Andrea at Húrra and bought a wool beanie, but I wanted to buy soo much more in the store. Now we are 26weeks in this pregnancy and my feet are a little swollen and my belly is getting quite heavy, I cant imagine how big I will be by the end 🙈
Fell in love with these!
On my wish list at Hurra, at least the beanie is mine and after the twins are out I will treat myself.
The weather these last couple of days has been so horrible that I just want to take our daughter out of kindergarten and keep her at home to cuddle with me. She does however love to go there and her teachers are so good and active with the kids, they’re almost outside playing every day no matter the weather. So for me it is nice to know that she is well dressed, and then I mean warm enough for the wind, rain and cold.
I am so happy that we are representing the classic Danish brand Joha in Petit. This is a brand that’s been around for decades, we have customers coming in the store saying that they used to have Joha when they where kids and are now buying it for their children. All the items we sell from Joha is ether made out of 100% merino wool or a wool/silk mix.
On cold days I dress our daughter in the wool/silk undergarments closest to her body and then a layer of 100% merino on top of it. She also uses the merino wool “lambhushetta” from Joha everyday no matter the weather.
I am so happy with this brand and warmly recommend it !
When I had the Trendnet snap (trendnetis) I got many questions on my pregnancy outfit, as I mentioned before I am not big on maturity clothing and always try to find normal clothing that sits well on my baby bump. I have been hooked on the dresses from MOSS Reykjavik, they are super comfy and look good with leggings or stockings.
About a year ago I fell in love with the brand Lyngby and their beautiful porslin. I bought myself a nice vase from them that I use a lot and never get tired of, then just the other day I walked into Systrana Grene and found a similar vase for almost nothing. I am a quality fanatic and love nice long lasting design but the fact is also that I cant afford to buy everything from fancy brands, so in our home I try to mix in both, budget and luxury. I know the designer products will last us longer and have a timeless value as well as it is fun to buy cheap design to change the mood and surroundings with.
The short vase in purple glas is from Systrana Grene costs 918kr and the large vase in gray glas is from Lyngby and costs 13.900kr.
Last nights outfit for the yearly KR party. I always have a hard time finding maternity clothes that still has some edge and style, so most of the time I try to find clothing that is not meant as maternity clothing but will fit nicely on the bump anyway ;)
My dress is LibertineLibertine from Hurra Reykjavik and necklace by Jimmy Choo for H&M.
As every other pregnant woman, I’m starting to think of everything we “need” for the arrival of our twins. I know my list is shit expensive and even more so when you need some of the products in double. Here is my wish list though – expensive at is may be (and is), I hope to find some or most of these products second hand to keep some savings on our account for the future ;)
1. Bugaboo Donkey Duo – This was the first material product I thought of when I know we where expecting twins. I honestly believe it is the best twin stroller on the market and as we had a bugaboo for Þóra Lóa, we are very familiar with the brand and quality. We did order one and we will get it in the end of October so I am really excited to see it and test it before the twins arrive. The perfect thing with bugaboo Donkey is that it is easy to pack small and it will “grow” with the kids so we can use it until they are 4 years old. Also it is possible to buy car seat adapters and have them both in their car seats on the stroller frame.
2. Sebra Krill Bed – This classic Danish bed has been on my mind forever. I read on a twin mom blog that it is great for twin because the first 1,5year the babies sleep together. The Sebra bed is much wider than normal beds and fits two small sleepers easily . So that was my excuse to use on Gunnar ;) I am now saving for one bed to start with and then later we will buy one more. Furthermore, the Sebra bed is known for its quality and longevity so reselling it when we are done using them should be easy.
3. Babynest Twin – We used a Babynest for Þóra and I Love this product! It made our life a little easier and I also believe she slept better and more secure because of the Babynest. I am really hopeful that the Twin Babynest will work as well on our twins and it did with Þóra. I think it is good to always have the same sleeping surroundings for the babies, that is why I love the Babynest then we can use the nest on the floor, in the bed, in their bed and to take it with us when traveling. Also the original Babynest that we sell in Petit is free from all harmful chemicals and they even use the same brand in the premature delivery care in Swedish hospitals.
4. Maxi Cosi Car seats – The main reason for choosing Maxi Cosi car seats over other brands is that they are adaptable to our Bugaboo Donkey stroller and that they are lighter to carry around. I can just image how it will be to always be carrying two car seats and we really wanted light and small car seats.
5. Maxi Cosi Footmuff – These babies will be born right around the new year and it will be soo cold that a footmuff for the car seat is essential to have.
6. Stokke Tripp Trapp Newborn set – We already have one Tripp Tapp and I thought it would be nice to buy one more and also two Newborn sets to have the babies up at dinner table level when we all are eating or just when we are feeding them. I can also have them playing in the Newborn sets while I am working and still have them in eye level.