Burt’s Bees send me their Baby Bee collection to try on the boy’s, I have used their products before and love the honey smell 🐝
I only accept to try products that I know is good, I would not write about a brand and recommend something that I cant stand behind. The Burt’s Bees baby collection is all natural and free from parabens and more strong chemicals that I always make sure is not in the products I use for myself and specially for my children.
I would have taken before and after pictures of Elvars bottom when we tried the 2-in-1 diaper cream, but I felt it was to much to post close ups of his little bottom online. The cream is really good 👌 It is a cream but drys as a powder, perfect for diaper rash and under his double cheek.
I am also eager to test their E vitamin cream for their faces on cold days, it is also good for calming a diaper rash.
Now it is also 25% Off all Burt’s Bees baby products at Lyf og Heilsa until the end of the month 🙌
I haven’t had much time to update you guys on our new arrivals and new life.
Today our boys Elvar & Viðar are 3weeks old and time is just flying by. Getting twins is more wonderful than I could ever imagine, it is amazing to have two little babies to cuddle and love. It really is double the happiness! So far it hasn’t been hard at all, I am of course super lucky to have Gunnar home full time with me. But I can tell you that I haven’t really slept anything yet and I am sure it will be some more weeks before I feel well rested again. The boys drink every 2,5 to 3rd hour and in between they burp, poop and hopefully sleep some. We have had nights when they are not ‘timed together’ and that can get really tough. One wakes up and when you finally get him down and you start to think about sleep – BAM, next one’s up! This vicious cycle then repeats itself through the night. We had to learn the hard way that they need to be timed, waking up the sleeping baby is essential when the other is wake. Big sister Þóra Lóa is a dream, I am waiting for her to react to the big change and us always having a baby in our arms but so far she is just loving the situation and loving her little brothers.
When Þóra Lóa was newborn we had a old Moses basket for her that she slept in the first months. I really loved it and it was so practical to move around our apartment, now we have a new one for the boys that is much stronger and with a rocking stand. I recommend the Moses basket 100% instead of the classic bassinet because the basket can be taken out and put on the couch or table if needed.
You can read more about the Moses Basket and stand Here.
Trying to be ready for our boy’s arrival at this point they can choose to come any day.. I hope they stay in to next year. It is hard to be “ready” for twins, we have no clue what to expect more than very little sleep 😅
Today we put up the bed, babynest and washed the bedding. Most things we have is from Petit, the simple reason is that we think it is all beautiful and we know the good quality of the products. With these babies we are trying to have them mostly around pure produced products, so far all clothing, the bedding and babynest is made from organic cotton. Not only do I love the feeling and look of pure materials, one reason for organic is also that our babies are very likely to be born premature with a low immune system and to have them around organic products minimizes the risks of skin irritations and allergies. There is so much coloring, glue and chemicals in none organic products and the skin is the body’s biggest organ that absorbs very much into our system.
Today we are 28weeks – meet my midwife and she measured my bump, the same size now as when I was 35 weeks with Þóra Lóa, this is getting close and I am a little nervous about the birth to be honest. My birth story with Þóra was not drama free and after giving birth to her completely natural my placenta did not come out in one piece and I had to go into emergency operation. I lost half of my blood in 10min and was completely put down to sleep for the operation. After the operation I woke up in another house, no baby and no Gunnar, It was a nightmare because I know I just gave birth and then they where not there. The reason why I decided to give birth naturally with Þóra was so I could completely be in the moment the minutes after she arrived and enjoy every second with her, then everything I did not want to happen did. So with that in my back I am not sure if I am ready to try to give birth to them natural, also because this is a twin birth and that there can be a emergency cesarean on the second baby and I again will be put down completely. Maybe it is just more relaxing knowing that we will have a planned cesarean and I will be awake the whole time, but then again the recovery of a cesarean is not easy. I haven’t decided on this yet and next week we are meeting a birth doctor to see what she says.
I would love to hear your birth story if you would like to share it with me in the comment filed :)
The weather these last couple of days has been so horrible that I just want to take our daughter out of kindergarten and keep her at home to cuddle with me. She does however love to go there and her teachers are so good and active with the kids, they’re almost outside playing every day no matter the weather. So for me it is nice to know that she is well dressed, and then I mean warm enough for the wind, rain and cold.
I am so happy that we are representing the classic Danish brand Joha in Petit. This is a brand that’s been around for decades, we have customers coming in the store saying that they used to have Joha when they where kids and are now buying it for their children. All the items we sell from Joha is ether made out of 100% merino wool or a wool/silk mix.
On cold days I dress our daughter in the wool/silk undergarments closest to her body and then a layer of 100% merino on top of it. She also uses the merino wool “lambhushetta” from Joha everyday no matter the weather.
I am so happy with this brand and warmly recommend it !
I never really thought that we were expecting two boys. First I was sure it was two girls and then when we opened the first envelope with Gunnars parent’s in Iceland we knew that it was one boy and then I was sure there was a little girl as well. But then we finally opened the second envelope with my family in Sweden and it was such a surprise that we are having two little boys!
We are so happy and excited to see them and now I am all in boys mood.
We got a Twin Babynest and organic baby clothing from my new favorite brand Müsli, all from Petit. I think I will be matching the boy’s by buying the same clothes in different colors and maybe sometimes the exactly same outfit.
As every other pregnant woman, I’m starting to think of everything we “need” for the arrival of our twins. I know my list is shit expensive and even more so when you need some of the products in double. Here is my wish list though – expensive at is may be (and is), I hope to find some or most of these products second hand to keep some savings on our account for the future ;)
1. Bugaboo Donkey Duo – This was the first material product I thought of when I know we where expecting twins. I honestly believe it is the best twin stroller on the market and as we had a bugaboo for Þóra Lóa, we are very familiar with the brand and quality. We did order one and we will get it in the end of October so I am really excited to see it and test it before the twins arrive. The perfect thing with bugaboo Donkey is that it is easy to pack small and it will “grow” with the kids so we can use it until they are 4 years old. Also it is possible to buy car seat adapters and have them both in their car seats on the stroller frame.
2. Sebra Krill Bed – This classic Danish bed has been on my mind forever. I read on a twin mom blog that it is great for twin because the first 1,5year the babies sleep together. The Sebra bed is much wider than normal beds and fits two small sleepers easily . So that was my excuse to use on Gunnar ;) I am now saving for one bed to start with and then later we will buy one more. Furthermore, the Sebra bed is known for its quality and longevity so reselling it when we are done using them should be easy.
3. Babynest Twin – We used a Babynest for Þóra and I Love this product! It made our life a little easier and I also believe she slept better and more secure because of the Babynest. I am really hopeful that the Twin Babynest will work as well on our twins and it did with Þóra. I think it is good to always have the same sleeping surroundings for the babies, that is why I love the Babynest then we can use the nest on the floor, in the bed, in their bed and to take it with us when traveling. Also the original Babynest that we sell in Petit is free from all harmful chemicals and they even use the same brand in the premature delivery care in Swedish hospitals.
4. Maxi Cosi Car seats – The main reason for choosing Maxi Cosi car seats over other brands is that they are adaptable to our Bugaboo Donkey stroller and that they are lighter to carry around. I can just image how it will be to always be carrying two car seats and we really wanted light and small car seats.
5. Maxi Cosi Footmuff – These babies will be born right around the new year and it will be soo cold that a footmuff for the car seat is essential to have.
6. Stokke Tripp Trapp Newborn set – We already have one Tripp Tapp and I thought it would be nice to buy one more and also two Newborn sets to have the babies up at dinner table level when we all are eating or just when we are feeding them. I can also have them playing in the Newborn sets while I am working and still have them in eye level.
Now when Þóra Lóa soon will have two more to share our home and our attention with I wanted to make her room extra special for her. As a child I loved spending time in my room to play, paint etc. I also want Þóra to have her room to go to when she had enough of baby cries and just want quiet and space.
Because her room is very small we needed to be extra smart about storage and furniture to fit everything she wants in her little room. She really loves to paint and she has been using our office as her craft room, but we are now taking the office away for a nursery so she is losing her craft room, that is why we decided to buy her a little desk with storage in it. We also got the toy storage boxes and sorter, all from IKEA, and they fitted perfect next to the desk. Þóra was super happy with her desk and have been playing in her room almost all day <3
Finally the Lulla Doll is available on the Icelandic market and I can’t wait to have one for our twins. Many twin moms that I’ve talked to say the key to “staying sane” with twin newborns is to time them together with sleep and food. I am really hopeful the Lulla Doll will help us get the babies to sleep at the same time ;)
The Lulla Doll is an Icelandic invention and has eight hour soothing sounds of real-life breathing and heartbeat. It helps the child fall asleep and the baby follows the breathing and heart pace of the doll, which gives the baby a secure and safe sleep. The Lulla dolls design is based on scientific research and they’ve are a great success in USA and Australia.
The Lulla Doll costs 12.900isk and is available here