Yesterday I did this amazingly good fish soup. It’s flavoured with red curry paste to get that nice spicyness.
500g mixed fish, I had salmon and Saithe (Sej på svenska or Ýsa in Icelandic). Cut into pieces and no skin attached.
100g peeled shrimps
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
10cm leek, sliced
1-2 fresh fennel, trimmed and sliced
2 tbsp tomato puré
2 tsp red curry paste
4 tbsp concentrated lobster stock
6-7 dl water
2 dl cream
1,5 dl chopped fresh dill
salt and pepper
1. Preheat a pot with some olive oil and fry the onion, garlic, leek and fennel together for a few minutes.
2. Add the tomato puré and curry paste and stir. Add the lobster stock and water and let it start boil.
3. Add the fish (not the shrimp yet) and let simmer together for about 5-10 min so the fish is cooked through. It doesn’t take long as the fish is fresh.
4. Add the cream and the chopped dill and let simmer for another 3 minutes.
5. Then add the shrimp and taste if it needs some salt and pepper.
6. Serve the soup with delicious bread. I bought our bread at Brauð & Co downtown. So good.
ENJOY and eat more fish folks!!!!