This was our Sunday dinner, was really good and the chicken was so juicy, especially with the good cheese and spinach filling!! You can serve this with rice or pasta, but today I had potato wedges. :)
For the chicken:
4 pieces of chickenfillet
8 pieces of prosciutto
1 cup grated good cheese
1 cup chopped spinach
salt and pepper
Butter for frying
about 150g sliced mushrooms
1 crushed garlic
3 cups of cream
1/2 vegetable broth dice
1 tbsp Kikkoman
season with salt and pepper
Herb Seasoning (if you have, otherwise, it goes equally well with salt and pepper)
1 Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Clove potatoes, preferably with the skin on. Mix the potatoes with olive oil and the herb season, then in the oven.
2. Mix together grated cheese and chopped spinach in a bowl. Put the chicken breasts on a cutting board and cut, using a sharp knife, horizontally to create a pocket in the chicken breast.
3. Fill each pocket with the cheese and spinach mix. Wrap two slices of prosciutto around each chicken breast.
4. Heat the oil in a large skillet. Lay the chicken breasts and fry until they get crispy and golden surface.
5. Transfer the breasts to a baking dish and bake in the oven until Parman is crispy and the chicken is cooked through.
6. Meanwhile make mushroom sauce. Add the butter to the pan (the same as you fried chicken in) and fry the mushrooms until they are tender. Add the pressed garlic and fry for another 2 minutes.
7. Pour in the cream, add the vegetable stock cube and Kikkoman, let it boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes until it thickens slightly. Season with salt and pepper if needed!
Serve and enjoy ….! :)