You will see your batter getting curdled like the picture above, but don’t worry. It will be fine! So moist and delicious, definitely my favourite cake at the moment.
When I was in Maldives we stayed at the most amazing resort and the breakfast buffé they had was so good. And one thing I always ate was this orange cake. I had never tried it before but I got hooked directly. It’s so good and so moist! As soon as I got home I started to google it and finally found a good recipe. You need to try this cake out and it’s not hard at all! I promise you’ll love it.
You don’t really need to do the glaze, it’s just good as it is but I just thought it would look a little bit more fun and tasty.
3 1/2 dl plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
110 gram butter (room temp)
2 1/2 dl caster sugar
3 large eggs
0.6 dl vegetable oil
1 1/2 dl fresh orange juice
1 tbsp orange zest, from one orange
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp black poppy seeds
0.7 dl milk
2 1/2 dl icing sugar
3 tbsp orange juice (add a little at the time until a smooth glaze)
- Preheat oven to 170° C and grease a loaf pan or 9 or 10 inch round cake tin with batter and bread crumbs.
- Combine poppy seeds and milk and set aside for 30 mins.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder and keep aside.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time while continuing the beating.
- Add oil, vanilla extract, orange juice, poppy seeds (with the milk) and orange zest. Mix well. You will see your batter is getting curdled, but don’t worry. It will be just fine!
- Add in the flour mixture, in 3 batches at a time. Gently fold it in using a spatula. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan or tin.
- Bake for 55-60 mins or until the toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest in the pan for 5 mins. Remove the cake from the pan and cool completely.
- Do the glaze and pour it over the cooled cake.
For all my recipes, visit https://jensdeliciouslife.com/