This must be the most easy and gorgeous looking crust bread, and it taste’s delicious as well! No need to let the dough rise overnight, it only takes 2.5h. If you feel that you want a homemade bread for dinner today you can just do it the same day, no need to plan. And believe me, it’s super easy to bake. I’ve also attached a quick video tutorial down below on how to fold the bread dough.
That crunch on the outside is just perfect and the inside is super airy and soft. You will love it.
I’m baking the bread in a dutch oven as it’s called, for example a “Le Creuset pot”. By using that pot with a lid on you create a nice steam inside the pot, and that is what creates that beautiful crust on the bread.
2 1/4 tsp dry yeast, or 25 gram fresh yeast
1 tbsp honey
3 dl warm water (37 degrees C)
1 1/2 tsp salt
6 dl flour, plus extra for dusting
- Combine yeast, honey and warm water in a bowl.
- Let the yeast mix sit for about 5 minutes, until the mixture looks nice and foamy.
Then add salt and stir.
- Add flour to the bowl a bit at a time and mix on low speed (use a dough hook) until all flour is incorporated and the dough has just started to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Lightly flour all sides of your dough (don’t mix the flour in, we just want to keep the dough from sticking) and return it to the bowl. Cover with a tea towel and let rise for about 1 h, until the dough has doubled in size.
- When dough has risen, lightly flour a workspace. Tip the dough out of the bowl, it will be a bit sticky, you can wet your fingertips to help it out. AND don’t knead the dough, you want to keep all the air bubbles so you will get an airy and soft bread.
- Sprinkle a bit of flour across the top of the dough. Pull and fold each corner of the dough in towards the center (See video down below), then flip the dough over and shape into a nice round loaf.
- Flour the same bowl and place your loaf into it seam-side down. Cover with a tea towel and let rise another 30 minutes.
- While the bread is resting, place an empty dutch oven (with the lid on) in your oven and preheat 230 degrees C.
- When the oven is hot, you’re ready to go! Use oven mitts to pull the dutch oven out and remove the lid.
- Tip your bread dough gently out of the bowl back onto your floured workspace and then place it (seam side up this time) into the hot dutch oven. BE CAREFUL, DON’T BURN YOURSELF!
- Put the dutch oven lid back on the pot, and put back into your hot oven.
- Bake the bread for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the lid from your dutch oven. The bread should be crusty and lightly browned. But bake it for about 10-20 minutes more until the bread crust gets even more browner.
- When bread is done, pull the pot out of your oven. Lift the bread out of the dutch oven and onto a cooling rack. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting it.
ENJOY YOUR DELICIOUS AND BEAUTIFUL HOMEMADE BREAD!! :)
For all my recipes, visit https://jensdeliciouslife.com/