Okay, this was so good, you just have to try it!! Today was a spontaneous dinner, nothing that I planned the day before as I usually do haha. But I have been at Ikea and fix some stuff at home so the time just ran away. So today we just bought ready-marinated chops and putted on the grill! Had some forest mushrooms from yesterday that I just fried in a hot pan with olive oil and salt, made a simple cold sauce of mayonnaise, sour cream, honey, herbs, and salt / pepper. Then I did these delicious potato wedges with truffle flavor, YUM!
1. Cut the potatoes into wedges, with the shell
2. Place the cloves on a plate and pour over the olive oil and sprinkle with salt flakes
3. mix everything together so the potatoes gets covered with olive oil
4. in the oven at 225 degrees
5. When the potatoes are golden brown and crunchy then they are ready
6. Pour a few drops of truffle oil on the potatoes and mix, be careful with the truffle oil because it’s quite strong so you only need a few drops. :)
Today was a luxury pasta for dinner, I am free for two days now and wanted to do something really good :)
This pasta is easy to make and super good, really love truffles taste, and instead of using real truffle you can use truffle oil which I did here. :)
about 300g sliced beef
500 g brown mushroom (or another good mushroom)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
130 g fresh spinach leaves
0.5 leek, thinly sliced, only the white
3 cup cream
1 tbsp concentrated vegetable or chicken stock
a few drops of truffle oil, taste if you need more
toasted pine nuts
salt and pepper
butter and neutral oil, for frying
1. Boil the pasta water, boil for 1-2 minutes shorter than the instructions on the package for al dente pasta. Do not forget to salt generously in the water.
2. In a large skillet, heat the oil. Fry the mushrooms in 2 batches so it gets roast and not boiled. Add the fried mushrooms on a plate alongside.
3. When all the mushrooms are fried, add a knob of butter in a frying pan and fry the leek and garlic, add the beef and steak to a fine finish, not for long. Then add the mushrooms, pour in the cream and the concentrated stock and cook a few minutes. Add the spinach and season with salt, pepper and truffle oil.
4. Fold in the cooked pasta into the sauce and serve immediately with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Oh yes, it tastes as good as it looks!!! So easy to make your own ice cream, you can of course choose the flavor you want to do. And today I tested an oreo / caramel ice cream. :)
5 cups whipped cream
1 package of Oreo cookies
1/2 jar of dulce de leche
Coarsely chop the oreo cookies, save some for garnish. Whip the cream until it forms and stir some of the dulce de Leche. Then add the oreo crumbs and mix everything. Take the rest of the dulce de Lechen and mix with a little milk to make it a more looser, turn it into the batter gently so it forms nice stripes. Pour it over to a mold, garnish with Oreo cookies, then into the freezer for about 4 hours.
Take out the ice cream about 15 min before serving, so the ice cream is a bit softer when you’re gonna serve. :)
100g melt chocolate
chopped hazelnuts or coconut
1. Mix everything together (except the garnish of course) use your hands! You should not have any butter lumps in the batter, everything should be well mixed.
2. Roll them into small balls and let stand in the frigde while you melt the chocolate in a water bath.
3. Allow the chocolate to cool.
I used a potato stick when I dipped the chocolate balls in the chocolate. Stuck it in one chocolate ball, one at a time and take a spoon and poured it over the chocolate until they are completely covered. Then I put them on a plate. Then I sprinkled with nuts and coconut. :) Leave them in the fridge until the chocolate has set.