Who doesn’t love carrot cake?! So good and moist cake. But this is flavored with coconut, and make it even tastier. I think, because I really love coconut, in everything, cakes, ice cream and food. :) You will surely love this too!
2 large eggs
3 cups powdered sugar
1.5 cups of neutral oil
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
0,5 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
0.5 tsp salt
300 g of carrots (5 cups finely grated)
1.5 cups of coconut
100g butter, room warm
200g cream cheese
4 cups sifted powdered sugar
a little lemon zest or vanilla sugar
Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
Beat eggs and sugar white and fluffy. Add the oil and whisk together.
Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, ground cinnamon, ground ginger and salt in a separate bowl.
Stir the dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
Finish by turning down the grated carrots and grated coconut.
Pour batter into pan and bake the cake for about 45-50 minutes.
Let the cake cool completely before spreading the frosting.
Beat butter until frost it get’s really creamy, add the cream cheese and whisk together well, about 3-5 minutes.
Sift the icing sugar and whisk together until creamy frosting. You can flavor the frosting, with some lemon zest or a little vanilla.
Spread the frosting over the carrot cake and decorate with what you want. :)
Okay, this was so good, you just have to try it!! Today was a spontaneous dinner, nothing that I planned the day before as I usually do haha. But I have been at Ikea and fix some stuff at home so the time just ran away. So today we just bought ready-marinated chops and putted on the grill! Had some forest mushrooms from yesterday that I just fried in a hot pan with olive oil and salt, made a simple cold sauce of mayonnaise, sour cream, honey, herbs, and salt / pepper. Then I did these delicious potato wedges with truffle flavor, YUM!
1. Cut the potatoes into wedges, with the shell
2. Place the cloves on a plate and pour over the olive oil and sprinkle with salt flakes
3. mix everything together so the potatoes gets covered with olive oil
4. in the oven at 225 degrees
5. When the potatoes are golden brown and crunchy then they are ready
6. Pour a few drops of truffle oil on the potatoes and mix, be careful with the truffle oil because it’s quite strong so you only need a few drops. :)
Today was a luxury pasta for dinner, I am free for two days now and wanted to do something really good :)
This pasta is easy to make and super good, really love truffles taste, and instead of using real truffle you can use truffle oil which I did here. :)
about 300g sliced beef
500 g brown mushroom (or another good mushroom)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
130 g fresh spinach leaves
0.5 leek, thinly sliced, only the white
3 cup cream
1 tbsp concentrated vegetable or chicken stock
a few drops of truffle oil, taste if you need more
toasted pine nuts
salt and pepper
butter and neutral oil, for frying
1. Boil the pasta water, boil for 1-2 minutes shorter than the instructions on the package for al dente pasta. Do not forget to salt generously in the water.
2. In a large skillet, heat the oil. Fry the mushrooms in 2 batches so it gets roast and not boiled. Add the fried mushrooms on a plate alongside.
3. When all the mushrooms are fried, add a knob of butter in a frying pan and fry the leek and garlic, add the beef and steak to a fine finish, not for long. Then add the mushrooms, pour in the cream and the concentrated stock and cook a few minutes. Add the spinach and season with salt, pepper and truffle oil.
4. Fold in the cooked pasta into the sauce and serve immediately with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.