There are so amazingly good meat stores here in Iceland, but we usually go to a place called “Kjöt og Fiskur” which is located right in the center of Reykjavik. And today we bought ribeye steak for dinner! Had also help in the kitchen today, my love, Skuli, and he is so good with the grill and grilled these good Ribeyes perfect! :) I made an own rubb to the meat and it became a very good and I also did a cold mustard sauce, perfect for the meat!
Rib eye steak or other good meat
For the rub:
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
2 pressed garlic
2 tsp smoked paprika spice
1 teaspoon cumin
salt and pepper
1. Start with the potatoes, wash and cut into wedges. Mix the potatoes with olive oil and the herb spice/salt on a baking tray and then into the oven at about 225 degrees.
2. Mix all the ingredients to the sauce, and leave it in the frigde.
3. Mix all the ingredients to the rub and then rub it into the meat. Then they are ready to grill :)
This was our Friday dinner! Went and bought some nice salmon from a fish shop here in Reykjavik and made a fresh asparagus bed of arugula salad dressing, parmesan cheese and toasted pine nuts. Boiled some potatoes to it. :)
Parmesan cheese in piece
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons liquid honey
1 tablespoon sweet mustard
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
25g rocket salad
1/2 clove garlic
1. Pour olive oil over the asparagus and let sit for about 15 minutes.
2. Roast the asparagus. Spice up the ready-fried asparagus with salt flakes.
3. Toast the pine nuts golden brown in an oiled frying pan. Add some salt on the pine nuts.
4. Mix together mustard, honey and white vinegar to a paste. Mix oil with rucola salad. stir the green oil slowly. Season with salt and crushed garlic.
5. Add asparagus on plate, drizzle the rucola dressing. Sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts, plane of parmesan cheese.
I salted and peppered the salamon, then just in the oven for about 15 minutes in 175grader, depending on how big the piece you have.
Today I made a real Friday dinner to my Skúli, he loves ribs so I tried to make him the best ribs ever!! And they got 10/10 ;) These are really tender and I think that is what ribs should be, the meat will just fall apart from the bones! So good and not much work. :) To my ribs, I made sweet potato fries and a cold garlic sauce and recipes can be found below, and then I even made a simple and fresh melon salad.
2 beef bouillon cubes
About 3dl good bbq sauce (I used Hunt’s)
2 dl sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 pressed garlic
1 tbsp honey
salt and pepper
Begin by pouring the water into a large pot, water should cover the ribs. Add the onion (sliced in big pieces), garlic and the stock cubes, cook the ribs for about 1 1/2 – 2 hours so they get really tender. Remove the ribs and let them cool, then brush on the mass of BBQ sauce on both sides, then grill them quickly on the grill.
Turn on the oven to 225 degrees. Peel sweet potatoes, cut them into chips. Put them into a bowl, pour over the potato flour and mix gently with your hands. Then pour the 3 tablespoons of olive oil and turn around again and then salt the potatoes. Put them on a bakery tray and place them in the oven for 30 minutes.
Cold garlic sauce:
Mix all the ingredients to the sauce and store in the fridge.
A super fast and delicious pasta, perfect weekday dish that everyone will definitely like! :)
400 g pasta
5 large tomatoes
1 silver onion, goes well also with plain yellow onion
2 cloves garlic
1 package of bacon
1 large handful fresh basil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup mascarpone
plenty of parmesan
1. Boil the pasta water with salt.
2. Slice the bacon into pieces, and fry in medium temperature in a dry pan.
3. Chop the onion and garlic, add to the frying pan and fry so it softens.
4. Cut the tomatoes into pieces and add to the pan. Simmer together for about 10 minutes and cook the pasta.
5. Add about 1-1.5 cups of the boiling pasta water to get a delicious pasta sauce.
6. Grate the Parmesan and chop the basil and pour the pasta.
7. Add the basilica, mascarpone and parmesan. Toss with the pasta and serve!